Practice Improvement Tools: Evidence-Based Professional Development Procedures
This module describes procedures that you can use with early childhood providers as you help them use any type of early childhood intervention practice. The module is split into 2 parts to give you time to reflect on this process.
The professional development procedures include seven steps to provide training to adult learners including early childhood practitioners. The seven steps are:
- Introduce a practice to Early Childhood practitioners
- Illustrate or demonstrate the use of the practice to the practitioners
- Engage with practitioners in the use of the practice
- Facilitate practitioners' self-evaluation of their experience using the practice
- Facilitate practitioners' reflection on their understanding of the practice
- Facilitate practitioner self-assessment of their mastery using the practice
- Provide ongoing supports and learning opportunities to practitioners to perfect their use of the practice
Evidence-Based Professional Development Procedures
Part 1 (24 minutes)
Part 1 sets the stage and discusses steps 1-3.
Part 2 (16 minutes)
Part 2 discusses steps 4-7 of the procedure.
When you have completed both modules, we would appreciate your feedback!