Practice Improvement Tools: Using the DEC Recommended Practices
The Practice Improvement Tools help practitioners implement evidence-based practices. They are based on the Division for Early Childhood (DEC) Recommended Practices. These tools and resources guide practitioners and families in supporting young children who have, or are at-risk for, developmental delays or disabilities across a variety of early childhood settings.
Performance checklists help practitioners improve their skills, plan interventions, and self-evaluate their use evidence-based practices. Practice guides for practitioners and families explain the practices and how to do them using videos and vignettes, and also describe how users will know if practices are working. Each of these products is available in both English and Spanish.
The tools also include an interactive product selection tool and modules on evidence-based professional development procedures and family capacity-building.
- Performance Checklists for promoting the use of the RPs and for practitioner self-evaluation
- Listas de verificación Performance Checklists in Spanish
- Practice Guides for Practitioners in print and mobile formats
- Guías de práctica para el practicante Practice Guides for Practitioners in Spanish
- Practice Guides for Families in print and mobile formats
- Guías de práctica para las familias Practice Guides for Families in Spanish
- aRPy Ambassadors find one near you!
What are the DEC Recommended Practices?
- Find out in this quick overview!
- The DEC RPs are also available in Spanish: Prácticas recomendadas de la DEC