COS Process Professional Development
Provided here is a collection of national resources to support COS training and technical assistance. The resources are displayed in a sequence and designed to be embedded in various types of professional learning opportunities, such as webinars and face-to-face trainings.
COS Process Professional Development: Guidance for Preparing and Implementing Effective Training and TA contains all the information you will need to understand the sequence and suggestions for identifying an appropriate starting point in your professional development context.
Build Knowledge of the COS Process
Practitioners gain an understanding of essential COS concepts.
- The COS Process Online Module provides key information about the COS process and the practices that contribute to consistent, meaningful COS decision making.
Practitioners gain understanding of unique features of the COS in their state.
- State/Program-Specific COS Process Policies and Procedures Checklist contains child outcomes measurement policies that should be communicated to practitioners.
Develop COS Process Skills
Practitioners gain skills for effective implementation of the COS process.
- Applied Practice for COS Skill Building Activity includes activity instructions and written case studies for practitioners’ applied practice.
- Age Anchoring Guidance for Determining Child Outcomes Summary (COS) Ratings provides answers to commonly asked questions about age anchoring as it applies to the COS process and examples of how the guidance applies in practice.
- Topical COS PD Activities includes a collection of targeted PD activities and materials indexed by topic.
- COS Team Collaboration (COS-TC) includeds training materials and online objects supporting self-assessment of COS teaming practices.