Part C Finance
Part C regulations related to financing
On September 28, 2011, new regulations for the Part C Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities were published in the Federal Register. The regulations, promulgated under the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), were in response to IDEA 2004, the most recent reauthorization of the IDEA. The final regulations became effective October 28, 2011.
Allocation and Use of Federal Part C Funds
- The formula by which the annual federal appropriation for Part C is allocated among the states/territories - under §303.730 - §303.733.
- Federal Policies and Procedures related to use of federal Part C funds under §303.205 and §303.501.
Methods of Ensuring Services and Contracts
- Certification regarding financial responsibility and requirements applicable to each method of ensuring services §303.202.
- Methods to ensure the provision of, and financial responsibility for, Part C services §303.511.
- Prohibition against supplanting; indirect costs §303.225.
- System of Payment and fees §303.521.
- Policies related to use of public benefits or insurance or private insurance to pay for Part C services §303.520 and system of payment and fees requirement under §303.520 and §303.521; payor of last resort §303.510.