Centralized billing and reimbursement systems allow for a centralized pooling of funds to maximize utilization of multiple fund sources and lowers distribution cost, and eliminates distribution formulas and other grant contracting difficulties.
- Children's Medical Services (CMS) contracts with MED3000, a division of McKesson, to serve as the Third Party Administrator to facilitate provider information, client information, service authorizations and claims payment.
- The Indiana Central Reimbursement Office (CRO) is designed to manage the finances and data collection for Indiana's First Steps System. The CRO receives and dispenses all relevant state and federal resources for early intervention services by reimbursing providers from a revolving fund as invoices are submitted. The CRO is also responsible for enrolling service providers, maintaining the online provider matrix and maintaining the Central Directory.
- Kentucky provides an electronic billing system for early intervention providers through the data system, TOTS. The system bills Medicaid on behalf of the providers and plans are underway to add an insurance billing feature to the system.
- Early Steps uses the services of the Central Finance Office contract agency for its provider enrollment, central directory (service matrix), service authorizations, claims submission and claims payment functions.
- Central Finance Office (CFO) details on HIPPA, schedules and guidelines, and an authorized units calculator tool
- Central Finance Office (CFO) Practitioner Information