Making Adjustments in the Improvement and Evaluation Plans
Ongoing review and analysis are essential to meeting intended outcomes and targets established in the SSIP. Organizations that are most effective at achieving results and sustaining change revisit the written plan and update on a regular basis, taking advantage of opportunities and addressing challenges that arise. This is a chance to celebrate initial successes and adapt the plan as needed to continually move toward achieving outcomes and targets. A regular review and update of progress allows states to stay on track and make needed adjustments based on informed decisions.
Considerations for Updating the Written Plan
- Establish a schedule to regularly review and update progress on the improvement and evaluation plans.
- Review internal and external factors that may require adjustments to improvement strategies and related activities.
- Are you making expected progress toward the SIMR?
- Are there agency changes in priorities, new partners, or a shift in resources or mandates that shift priorities?
- Are timelines sufficient to allow for internal approval, if needed, in order to make modifications to strategies and activities?
- Adjust or add new action and/or evaluation activities based on available data to inform decisions.
- Communicate the results of the plan using data gathered from evaluation efforts.
- Review financial cost of implementing activities and assess availability of resources to implement continued or new activities.
- Use data and analysis to make informed decisions about whether to modify the current plan.
- Include stakeholder input in decisions made regarding the plan.
- Update the written document to reflect the rationale behind any modifications made to the plan.