Early Intervention Program
for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities
(Part C of IDEA)
- Overview to the Early Intervention Program for Infants and Toddlers with Disabilities (Part C) under IDEA
- Minimum Components required under IDEA of a statewide, comprehensive system of early intervention services
- Lead Agencies for the Part C Early Intervention Program in each state and participating jurisdiction
- National Program Data: Annual federal appropriations and number of children served (updated October 23, 2014): See also, Part C Appropriations and Child Count 1987-2012 (updated January 1, 2014)
- Historical Data Tables: Section 618 of IDEA requires states to annually collect and report data for Part C: child count, settings for early intervention services, numbers of and reasons for children exiting services, counts of services and service categories. Data is also shown by race/ethnicity.
Federal Law, Regulations and Policy Letters
States' Part C Rules, Regulations and Policies
The ECTA Center has collected a list of links to states' rules, regulations and policies for implementing Part C of IDEA. If your state has similar resources available online, please contact Sue Goode to add them to our list.
Extended Part C Option
(See Extended Part C Option)
National Reports on the Implementation of Part C of IDEA
Links on this site are verified monthly. This page content was last reviewed on 11/18/2014 SG