Video "Child Outcomes Step by Step"
This video describes and illustrates the three child outcomes adopted by the Office of Special Education Programs (OSEP) and reported on by all state early intervention (Part C) and preschool special education (Part B/619) programs as part of their Annual Performance Report (APR).
This video offers a consistent way to describe the outcome areas across programs and states. It can be used to provide an overview to the three outcomes for professional development and training, orienting families, and introducing the outcomes to other constituents such as policymakers or funders. The video explains functioning necessary for each child to be an active and successful participant at home, in the community, and in other places like a child care program or preschool.
The video is a collaborative presentation of Results Matter, Colorado Department of Education, the Desired Results access Project, Napa County Office of Education, funded by the California Department of Education, Special Education Division, and the Early Childhood Outcomes Center, funded by the Office of Special Education Programs.
PLEASE NOTE: You are free to share, copy, link, and distribute this video under the following conditions:
- You must attribute the work in the following manner (but not in any way that suggests that the publishers endorse you or your use of the work):
Edelman, L. (Producer). (2011). Child Outcomes Step By Step (Video). Published collaboratively by Results Matter, Colorado Department of Education; Desired Results access Project, Napa County Office of Education; and Early Childhood Outcomes Center.
- You may not use this work for commercial purposes.
- You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work.
- You may not post a copy of this video to any web site.
Watch Video Online: To turn the closed-captioning on/off, please use the cc button in the player controls bar beneath the video screen. For more options, start the video and then press the "I" key on your keyboard. To select a language for the closed-captioning visuals, start the video then press the "L" key on your keyboard, or click on the languages button (the middle button in the bottom right corner).
- Note: The video is a large file [96 MB], so be sure you have sufficient space to download it. Depending on your computer capacity, this may take a few minutes.
- Download video at http://ectacenter.org/~videos/eco/ChildOutcomesStepByStep-captioned.mov (run time 8:42). This file is formtted to show in Quicktime. If you have Quicktime installed on your computer, the file may open first, and you can then save it to your computer. This video is also captioned.
- English transcript of video
- Spanish transcript (transcripción español)
Please share your feedback
ECO is interested in learning how the video is being used so we can share ideas. We are also interested in hearing your reactions to the video. Comments will be reviewed first to ensure they are appropriate for the web site, and all identifying information is optional. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. [Note: all fields are required.]