Module 3: Developing Initial and Continuing Individualized Family Service Plans
This training module contains an introduction, 3 lessons (topics), and a capstone experience to help you assess your learning. Please proceed through the topics in order at your own pace.
Welcome to the Foundation's training module for the Washington State Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT) program. The following competencies will be addressed in this module:
- Participants will demonstrate an understanding of the federal regulations regarding IFSP development.
- Participants will compare and contrast IFSP process with current practice.
- Participants will explore the content of the Washington IFSP meeting and team member roles.
- Participants will understand how to use information from assessment for writing the IFSPs.
- Participants will understand the steps and processes for completing IFSP reviews, including transition reviews.
- Participants will be able to engage parents in conversations summarizing the initial information gathered prior to the IFSP meeting.
- Participants will be able to engage parents in conversations to develop functional IFSP outcomes and an intervention plan during the IFSP meeting.
- Participants will have an action plan to implement in their work.