The Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA)
OSEP Resources - IDEA 2004
- Building the Legacy: IDEA 2004 - This Web site is being developed by OSEP to provide a "one-stop shop" for resources related to IDEA 2004. When fully implemented, it will provide searchable versions of the IDEA and its regulations, access to cross-referenced content from other laws, links to OSEP's Technical Assistance and Dissemination (TA&D) Network, a Q&A Corner and other resources.
- OSEP's Topical Web Pages
- IDEA 2004 Model Forms for IEPs, Notice of Procedural Safeguards, Prior Written Notice
- OSEP Presentation - Individuals with Disabilities Education Act Selected Highlights of the 2004 Reauthorization, March 2005
- Building the Legacy Training Curriculum on IDEA 2004 (2010) - developed by NICHCY at the request of OSEP. See also, the training curriculum's first Part C Module, The Basics of Early Intervention (2012).
- OSEP Policy Letters of Clarification Related to Part C and Section 619
- Video of the history of IDEA from the Department of Education to celebrate the 35th Anniversary of IDEA, 2010 (9:00 min)
OSEP Policy Letters of Clarification
(See Policy Letters of Clarification)
- P.L. 108-446 The Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act in a single file.
- OSEP's Web site of resources related to IDEA 2004 provides links to Titles and Parts of the Individuals with Disabilities Education Improvement Act of 2004:
(See also, our related IDEA Part C and Part B/Section 619 Web pages)
Summaries of IDEA 2004
Data on the Implementation of the Early Childhood Provisions of IDEA
Links on this site are verified monthly. This page content was last updated on 10/31/2013 SG