Step: Articulate Mission
Identify and bring together a diverse group of stakeholders that will develop a common understanding of the scope, mission and principles for the Part C Program.
- Identify and bring together a stakeholder group including representation from state and local administrators, trainers and higher education teachers, service providers and parents
- Define the scope and purpose of Part C services provided under their Infant Toddler Program
- Develop or reaffirm mission and principles that will underlie the service delivery approach
Note: The following links will each open in a new browser window or tab.
- WA Guiding Concepts for Early Support for Infants and Toddlers (ESIT) (2010) (PDF: 229kb)
- WA Guiding Concepts Technical Assistance Guide (2011) (PDF: 259kb)
- Agreed Upon Mission and Key Principles for Providing Early Intervention Services in Natural Environments (2008) (PDF: 197kb)
- Seven Key Principles: Looks Like/ Doesn't Look like (2008) (PDF: 378kb)
- Other States' Description of Vision, Mission, Principles and Values Underlying their Service Delivery Approach
- MO First Steps Belief Statements
- NV Mission and Guiding Principles (2011)
- NM Family Infant Toddler (FIT) Program Vision, Beliefs and Core Values (1999)