About our Website
File Type Icons Used on our Website
Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 requires that all Federal agencies' website content, along with the website content of those organizations they sponsor, be accessible to those with disabilities.
We follow Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) formulated by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) which are universally accepted standard for website accessibility. Websites are considered to have earned one of three ratings, "A", "AA" or "AAA," "AAA" being the most stringent.
All web pages at http://www.ectacenter.org have achieved the following:
- Validated Section 508 Standards
- Compliance with WCAG 2.0 detailed at http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/REC-WCAG20-20081211/
- Met "AA" level of the above guidelines
- Found accesibility error free by WAVE Accessibility Validator
The following links may provide some further information about Web site accessibility that you will find helpful.
- My web my way - Explains many ways you can change your computer and browser settings to make the web more accessible
- Browsealoud - Speech output program
W3C has also developed web standards, for various Web programming and markup languages. The Web standards help ensure Web pages display and work the same for everyone. All Web pages at http://www.ectacenter.org complies with these standards as explained below.
- XHTML 1.0 Transitional - Passed by W3C Markup Validation Service
- Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) - Passed by W3C CSS Validation Service
Visitation Statistics (March 1, 2014 - February 28, 2015)
How many people visited the website last year?
- Visits: 225,726
This number includes indexers and "crawlers" such as Google. These requests may be 20%-30% of the requests on a website. It is acceptable to count all of these requests because all websites are similarly affected.
- Unique visitors: 158,682
This number represents unique IP addresses that the webserver sends information to. This is a measure that most organizations use to represent the number of visitors to their websites. The actual number may be smaller because users may not necessarily have fixed IP addresses, such as those who use Internet Service Providers at home and are assigned a random IP address. Further, users may have multiple devices with which they access the internet- smart phone, tablet, laptop, and/or desktop. These numbers include indexers and “crawlers” such as Google as with other websites. These requests may be 20%-30% of the requests on a website. It is acceptable to count all of these requests because all websites are similarly affected.
- Returning visitors: 31.5%
- New visitors: 68.5%
How much was our website visited last year?
- Page views: 546,596
This number represents the number of times any file with a URL beginning with http://ectacenter.org (March 2014 - February 2015) was clicked on/entered into the address bar of a browser, i.e., "requested" and delivered to the user. This number includes indexers and "crawlers" such as Google. These requests may be 20%-30% of the requests on a website. It is acceptable to count all of these requests because all websites are similarly affected.
- Unique page views: 367,581
- Average number of pages viewed per visit: 2.42
- Average visit duration: 2 minutes 50 seconds
How much content is on the website?
- Topics/ Content Sections: 58 topics or content sections related to the early childhood provisions of IDEA are covered on ectacenter.org. Most of these are linked from our site map.
- Content files on ectacenter.org: 11,584
These content files include web pages (URLs ending in .asp, .html) and the following file types: pdf, doc(x), ppt, xls(x), audio, and video files. In addition there are several sections of dynamic database-driven content in which each record is equivalent to a content page.
How many other websites link to ectacenter.org?
- Inbound links to ectacenter.org from external sites: 2,426
Links on this site are verified monthly. This page content was last updated on 2015-05-04 AML